Tuesday, March 22, 2005

How to scare a spouse, part 2

A few weeks ago I did a post on sleep jerks. Here's another sleep story.

A few nights ago I was dreaming that Dianne and I were in the house where I grew up. I don't know why, but we were the only people inside and were looking around in the house. We noticed a group of people outside that looked like they wanted to get in. They were coming up to the windows and pressing their faces to the glass and using their hands to shield their eyes so they could see inside. We decided to scare them aware to keep them from coming in. Dianne suggested I should jump in front of the window and shout real loud the next time someone puts their face to the glass. So that's what I did. Apparently the shouting part carried over from my dream into real life. Dianne awoke to me shouting.

Of course she wondered what was wrong. I said I was just dreaming and apparently fell back asleep right away while she was left wide awake with her heart pounding. Well....the shouting was her idea.

No comments: