Friday, October 14, 2005

Do not go gentle....

For all you poetry lovers out there, the Academy of American Poets has an interesting website. They have a nice recording of Dylan Thomas reading his poem, "Do not go gentle into that good night." Not being conversant in poetry, I only recognized the title from the movie Back to School when Thornton Melon hulks out of his oral exam stress after Diane inspires him with this poem.

I guess it's sad that my poetry knowledge comes from a Rodney Dangerfield film and my classical music knowledge comes from Warner Brothers cartoons (remember the Rabbit of Seville and What's Opera Doc?). I'll bet this would be an interesting book and here is another. This looks like a nice CD. It made me feel better when I went to this site and read that George Daugherty had the same classical music experience as a kid.

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Does it make you feel better to know that my music knowledge comes from Donkey Konga?