Saturday, March 25, 2006

Instant Hair Removal

Dianne has been growing her hair for years. It was getting long -- just past her shoulder blades. I thought it was great! However, the long hair was driving her nuts. The split ends, the tangles (especially after riding her motorcycle), and the extra work to wash and dry was not making her happy. I knew the increasing frequency of complaints about the long hair signaled it wasn't going to last much longer. Alas, today was the day.
DiHair2b
I looked around the web for short hairstyles I thought would be good. We narrowed it down to four options and took them to the salon this morning. We went to the Identity Salon & Spa in Kenwood. The stylist bundled her hair and snipped it short so it could be donated. Here is the style she ended up with. It's a quick picture I took with the camera phone when we had brunch at First Watch after her appointment. I think it looks nice and will be much more manageable, but it's going to take me a few days to get used to the missing pony tail. You can click on the photo to get a bigger view and also click here to see a side view of the new doo. Wow it is short in the back!

2 comments:

Dianne said...

For the love of all things holy... take down those photos!

Anonymous said...

Now that is short. Tell her that...long or short, we still love her. Dad