Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Blog Slug

I have been a blog slug. I had a business trip to upstate New York in mid-January. The day I arrived, the temperature was around freezing. There had been some freezing rain which delayed the arrival of my flight. I drove from the airport to the hotel and the road seemed fine. I parked and opened the door and when I stood up to get out of the car, I slipped and fell. Dianne has a nice picture of the event on her blog. Although the roads were fine, the parking lot was a sheet of ice. I came down hard on my shoulder, and it turned out that I cracked my humerus. That was about nine weeks ago, so the bone should be healed. However, my range of motion in the shoulder is far from normal and I can't lift anything. I've been in physical therapy for about two and half weeks and that has helped, but I have a long way to go. It's amazing how a little tumble can really set you back. Trying to keep up with work and teaching on one arm has been a struggle. Dianne has been taking care of me and taking care of most everything around the house! What a saint!

No comments: