Friday, March 24, 2006

New TV and Old TV

One of the new shows I've been sucked into is Bravo's Top Chef. Michael has a really nice summary of the show on his blog called the Neverending Rainbow. In short, it's a cooking competition/elimination show. The cooking, the personalities, and the influence of their backgrounds or events happening in their lives all make the show interesting. Because I like cooking, I enjoy this series more than the Project Runway fashion challenges. I'm cheering for Miguel, Harold, Tiffani, and Lee Anne. They all come across as strong chefs. From what I've seen so far, Miguel also has a great attitude and tries to have fun with the challenges. I think Stephan is also strong, but his arrogant attitude is too much for me. How many times can he use sommelier in a sentence?

If new TV doesn't have what you're looking for, I just heard that AOL has implemented their deal with Warner to have old television series available on broadband. Here is their website if you want to check out the offerings. I haven't tried it yet -- I'd be curious to hear comments on the service. Personally, I don't know who would want to watch old episodes of the Adventures of Brisco County Jr. or Pinky and the Brain. But an old F Troop now and then wouldn't be too bad. There were some funny moments around Fort Courage. I could see my Dad watching episodes of the F.B.I.

No comments: