Saturday, August 19, 2006

Benefits of Blog Tracking

I don't get much traffic here...not many folks reading my musings. Nevertheless, when I was visiting Patrick Mayfield's blog and reading one of his posts about tracking blog traffic, I was intrigued at what was available. I signed up for Technorati and also MyBlogLog just for smiles. As expected, I'm not getting a lot of traffic.

What is interesting is that MyBlogLog gives you a pro account for 3 days that reverts to a free account later. The pro account gives instant updates on where people come from when going into your site and what they click on while there. When I looked at my stats this evening, I noticed I had someone coming to my blog from Sk8Crime's blog (one of the Rollergirls I mentioned in an earlier post). I thought that was strange until I went to her blog this evening and saw this post that links to my site. It's a good post--pretty clever choice of music! She has a good livejournal site.

We already bought our tickets for SRS II, so I guess I'll have to go incognito. My name is Earl.

3 comments:

debambam said...

Hey there! I'm here via bloglog myself..just signed up today.
If your looking for more stats, try w3 counter aswell, it's easy, with great stats and all free! Seeya round bloglog...

rafer said...

I found you via mybloglog too, but it's not a fair comment. i do work there. :)

Dianne said...

You are so-o-o going to be sorry you wrote that about Sk8 Crime! Please don't sit by me.