Sunday, September 03, 2006

Rocky

I'll admit I enjoyed the first Rocky movie...although I was 15 at the time. The hype, the music (who didn't like Maynard Ferguson's Gonna Fly Now?), the story, it all came together. After all, it did win best picture in 1977 (and best director and film editing) and was nominated for many more oscars. I even hung in there through Rocky III in 1982. Of course the big reason was it also starred Mr. T and Hulk Hogan! But when Mickey died, that was the end for me. Rocky used the emotion from Mickey's death to overcome Clubber Lang in the second fight.

I never would have thought we'd see Rocky V in 1990. Now, 16 years later with a 60 year old Stallone, we get Rocky VI! Check out the official Rocky Balboa blog for the upcoming movie. I see that Adrian dies and Rocky hits bottom while training for his "last" fight. I guess Stallone figures we forgot the plot of Rocky III.

I also saw in IMDB that Rambo IV is coming out next year. Wow! He's probably pitching Judge Dredd II to movie execs right now.

No comments: