Sunday, April 15, 2007

Sunday Errands

Late this afternoon, Dianne and I ran a few errands. We carried our recyclable items to the car. As we were pulling away from the house, I noticed I forgot my cell phone. I like to have one along while driving, so I asked Dianne if she had hers. She did, so all was good. We dropped off our stuff at one of our local recycling bin centers. Then we drove downtown to pick up our Little Giant ladder that we had delivered to Dianne's office.

On the way home, we stopped at the Indigo Casual Gourmet Cafe for dinner. It's a small, but very nice Italian place near Hyde Park Square. It was a nice dinner. We just finished dinner, and Dianne gets a surprised look and starts patting her jacket. I didn't hear her phone, but I thought maybe it was vibrating. Nope. She didn't have her phone.

I remember she told me a story several days ago that she dropped her cellphone in a co-worker's car when a group drove to lunch. She took the keys to go look in the car while I waited to pay the bill. Dianne didn't find the phone in the car, so it was time to retrace our steps. I didn't think there was much hope of finding the phone. We drove back downtown and fortunately some kind soul had turned her phone in to the security guard at her office. Whew! That was lucky! I think someone will keep it clipped to her belt or in a zippered pocket from now on. Yes, Dianne, I had to get one more reminder in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

xbdefSome things never change. I should have warned you before you married her. Whew, she's all yours now! (I think she's the only one of my four kids that got lost in every store at the Ala Moana Shopping Center!)