Thursday, March 06, 2008

CRG Event and a New Blog Find

I noticed on Miss Print's blog the poster for the Cincinnati Rollergirls' pre-home season opener event. It's a battle of local bands and the winner(s) will be playing at the home bouts. A great idea for an event and also for entertainment at the bouts. Read MP's blog or the poster to see the other activities planned -- as well as a chance to meet the skaters. Sounds like fun.

My Google alerts turned up a nice surprise today. Brian, the proud husband of Skates With Fists, has set up a blog for Skates With Fists fans. Skates is one of the Cincinnati Rollergirls skaters that did some good jammer work last season. I'm looking forward to reading Brian's local derby blog. Here is a photo from last season of Skates as a jammer sprinting around the track. I also like the photo below showing Skates at the starting line, waiting for a jam to get organized. I like the way that both her and the ref, Poliza, have the same pose.

That find pushed me over the edge and I finally made an overdue update of my blog rolls on the right side. Check out the links to some great blogs of many frequent visitors here.

Hands on Hips

No comments: