Friday, November 16, 2007

Flowers Old and New

The EndBeginning of the EndI'm behind in posting photos. Here are a couple pictures I took months ago and one I took just a week ago.

The small photos above are a couple of cone flower blossom photos I took back in mid-September. I guess it was near the end of the season for those plants as many flowers had lost petals and were starting to dry out. I was able to find a couple flowers at different stages in the bed. I think the spike-like center makes an interesting subject. Click on the thumbnails to see larger versions in Flickr.

Down below is a close up of a flower on an anemone (the plant, not the sea version). I can see where the name comes from. I took this last weekend.

Thanks to Michele for supplying the subjects and identifying them in the photos.

Anemone

No comments: