Thursday, November 29, 2007

Capture Cincinnati Release

Tonight Dianne and I went to Joseph Beth Books at Rookwood Pavilion for the release of the Capture Cincinnati book. I posted about the project a while ago. It was a local effort to make a coffee table book of the best Cincinnati area photos contributed by mostly local photographers.

The organizers had a release event to announce the winners of the various photo categories. The grand prize winner was Melissa Speelman -- very well deserved! She has a great photoblog where you can see her latest people photos. It was a event and I was able to meet several folks that participate in the "Living in Cincinnati" group in Flickr. That was fun.

The Capture Cincinnati book has a wonderful collection of photos from the area. I don't have any photos in the book, but I have several that made it on the accompanying DVD -- most of them in the "news" category. Everyone who participated was guaranteed one photo on the DVD, so it's cool that I have a few. Thanks to everyone who voted for my shots!

No comments: