Thursday, April 10, 2008

Recent Macro Projects

I haven't been posting photos from my macro projects the last couple of weeks. Here are a few.

A couple weeks ago the Macro Mondays theme was "labels." I like the colors on the label of one of Dianne's favorite beers.

BYOB

I'm a big ZZ Top fan, so I thought a shot of one of their CD labels would be good. Dianne suggested having a few in the shot. That was a good idea -- as usual. I didn't intend to get the Mescalero reflection in the Antenna disc, but I think it looks nice.

Little Ol' Band From Texas

Finally, I thought the label of a chemical reagent bottle would be interesting. I took photos of several, but I saw this cannister on the corrosive items shelf and had to take a shot. The container is as interesting as the label. I took the photo using one flash, from the left, that is bounced out of an umbrella to soften the light a bit. To illuminate the right side so the shadow wasn't strong, I used a silver reflector that was just outside of the frame on the right.

Corrosive

Then last week the macro theme was birthday bling. It was the one year anniversary of the group -- hence the theme. I don't know about bling, but candles come to mind for a birthday.

Ready to Burn

This photo actually made it into Explore on Flickr. The cake turned out pretty sharp.

Make a Wish, Then Eat

1 comment:

jack/andrews said...

The pictures are great. I can see why the picture of candles got noticed. Wonder how many people had to go eat something chocolate after seeing the picture of the cake.