Saturday, September 27, 2008

Lemony Chickpea Stir-fry

Lemony Chickpea Stir Fry CloseupA few weeks ago Dianne suggested we have more vegetarian dinners. That's kinda hard to do given the small number of vegetables that we both like. I ran across a recipe for a chickpea stir-fry at the 101 Cookbooks site that fit the bill nicely. The photo on the right shows my dish. It turned out well. The lemon balances out the bitterness of the kale. I think maybe some ginger might be a nice addition next time. Dianne suggested adding almonds for some extra crunch.

What is your favorite vegetarian dish? I'm always looking for ideas.

2 comments:

jack/andrews said...

The dish looks tasty. I like chickpeas too. Do you remember the Moosewood restaurant from your Ithaca days? Mollie Katzen has several vegetarian cookbooks.

Earl said...

The Moosewood is a great spot. I don't have any Moosewood cookbooks though. It might be time.