Sunday, May 13, 2007

Sunday at Spring Valley

Me At Spring ValleyToday Dianne and I went to the outdoor pistol range run by the state of Ohio at the Spring Valley Wildlife Area just north of Waynesville, Ohio. It's a bit of a drive, so we don't go there very often. However, it was a nice day to be outdoors. I guess a lot of folks were tied up with Mother's Day so it wasn't very crowded at the range. We had a good time. Dianne took this photo of me shooting the Ruger .22. We hadn't been shooting for quite awhile and it took me a bit to get back into the swing of things. At the start, I wasn't able to get very tight groupings. By the end, I was getting a bit better.

Glider Tow At Red Stewart AirportOn the way back home we stopped in at the Red Stewart airport just south of Waynesville on route 42. It's one of the busiest grass only airports that I know of in the area. It was a beautiful day to fly. We saw a few gliders in the air that were towed up from the field. While we were there we saw a glider being towed up. There was a Wilga, an unusual looking utility plane, on the ground. It's one of the planes they use to tow gliders.

Before heading home, we stopped at Claddagh's Irish Pub for dinner on the patio. Caesar salad and fish and chips. Great day to sit outdoors for dinner.

1 comment:

Erika Jean said...

sounds fun!