Saturday, December 01, 2007

Mound O' Dirt

Kenwood Mountain 1Dianne and I were driving through the parking lot at the Kenwood Mall a couple weeks ago and I just started laughing when I saw this mound of dirt. I couldn't believe they just piled the dirt up around the light in the parking lot. It gives the illusion that the light is only a few feet tall. Silly me would have taken the light down before putting the dirt there.

The dirt came from a huge hole on the north side of the property near the Kroger grocery store. Looks like they're putting in footings for a large building. I guess this is part of the Crate and Barrel and the office complex described in this article. You can see Dianne in her new red jacket in each of the photos for scale.

Kenwood Mountain 2

1 comment:

Erika Jean said...

I'm tempted to go stick a flag on top and claim that piece of land.