Monday, March 26, 2007

The Fresh Market is Open

Dianne and I made our first visit to The Fresh Market on Sunday. They just opened a store across the street from the Kenwood Mall.

It is not a large store, but they have a nice selection of produce and specialty items. It's in the same vein as Trader Joe's (just a few blocks away), Wild Oats, and Dorothy Lane Market. The employees were very friendly and very willing to wait on you. We were browsing several of the counter areas: meat/fish, deli & prepared foods, cheeses. In each area, we were asked multiple times if we needed help.

They have some nice prepared items that we'll try on evenings when time is tight. I thought the produce was better than Trader Joe's. I think they will do well, although there'll be some competition for customers.

1 comment:

~Carla~ said...

My God that took them forever to get up here. We had Whole Foods and Fresh Markets in the Raleigh area for YEARS. Some of their organic stuff ROCKS. And especially if it is closer to you guys, you may use it more than DLM. Which then again, I can always pick something up at DLM for you since it's right around the corner. :) Aren't I nice? heh!