Saturday, June 23, 2007

Summer Flowers

Last week I got a new macro lens for my camera. While we were at the Pyramid Hill Sculpture Park, I tried playing around with the new lens by taking some photos of the summer flowers there. Here are a few of my favorites from the initial round of experimentation. The shot of the bee in flight was just sheer luck. I was trying to get it on the flower and missed. You can look at all the flower shots in a Flickr set here. Click on the image to see a larger view.
Flower 3

Bee in Flight

Flower 28

4 comments:

Josh Lane said...

Nice shots, Earl! Beautiful.

Glad to see you've hit the "big time." ... everything's so big when viewed macro.

LOTUS BLOSSOM said...

Nice macro shots!

michele said...

Really enjoy your floral/garden photography. You're welcome to take pictures in our garden any time. My favorite daylily "Spellbinder" is just starting to bloom.

Earl said...

michele -- thanks for the comment. I was just asking Bill S. about you and John the other day. Been meaning to send a note.